Are you in the market for a great starter camera? Then you’re in luck! The guide, A Beginners Photography Amazon Wishlist, is perfect for anyone looking to get started in photography.
Starter Setup $749
1. Nikon D3500 w/ Nikkor 18-55mm Lens (Canon Equivalent: Canon Rebel T6) : I get asked quite often whats a “nice” camera for a beginner or just a great everyday camera to have. So I sat down and did some research. I found that the Nikon D3500 is a great camera body to start with! I also liked that it came with the 18-55mm lens which is a great starter lens because it gives you variety in focal lengths.
2. Backup Nikon EN-EL14a Battery (Extra Battery for Canon): The Above Nikon D3500 w/lens kit will come with one battery and a charger. However, I like to have a back up battery just in case. This link will direct you to the battery itself!
3. JOBY Tripod for DSLRS: This tripod is awesome for outings when you want to take a group photo that also contains you! I found that the flexible legs make for an easy setup compared to traditional tripods.
4. SanDisk Extreme Pro 32GB: I have a million of these and they work great for me! I have found that they can hold around 400ish RAW files and around 4000ish JPEG files.
5. Nikon 50mm f1.8 Lens (Canon 50mm lens): I own this lens and I love it. This is one of my primary portrait lenses! It’s low aperture capability allows for beautiful bokeh backgrounds of your portraits.
6. Memory Card Case: I use this to carry my memory cards in my backpack. Before I bought a case I was consistently misplacing my memory cards because of how small they are.
7. Kattee Canvas DSLR Backpack: This backpack is great for a DSLR camera body and 1-2 lenses depending on their size. It has an organization compartment to keep your gear safe and it has a waterproof rain cover.
10. Adobe Creative Cloud Photo Plan w/ 20GB Storage: If you would like to have access to the Desktop version of Adobe Lightroom Photo editing software, this will be a great add on.
11. Lowepro Flipside 300 DSLR Backpack: I found this backpack and thought it would be perfect for more adventurous or sport outings.
If you loved this Amazon wishlist, A Beginners Photography Amazon Wishlist, head here for more wishlist created by yours truly.