Today I want to share with you, how to prep for your own Denver branding session. It can see overwhelming but trust me, it doesn’t have to be. Having professional photos and film of you and your brand is a key element in connecting with your clients and future customers.
It’s the first thing that customers see when they come across your website and social media platforms. Within a matter of seconds, they make a judgement on who you are as a person and brand. So let’s think about this. Look at the brands you follow, why are you following them? What do they have in common? Chances are you followed specific brands for very specific reasons, your potential customers are doing the same thing!
How to Prep for Your Denver Branding Session in 5 Easy Steps.
- Create a mood board, to help get all your ideas and thoughts into one place. I love it when my Branding Client’s share these with me so I can see what their vision is. I recommend Pinterest to collect photos that highlight the look you’re going for including colors, locations and branding photos you like (they do not need to be of a similar brand).
- Select all outfits that you feel best represent your style, personality and brand. I love to ask my brand clients the following questions. What are your go to outfits on a typical “office work” day? If you could choose one outfit to wear all day, everyday what would it be? What do you wear when you are working in your business and with your clients? You want to make sure your outfits help tell your customers more about you and your business.
- Communicate with your Brand Photographer and Filmmaker what your goals for this branding session are. Here are some things I like to brainstorm with my clients about. What would you like to showcase during your session? Are you prepping for any launches, sales, etc? Is this a Re-Brand? Do you want to tell your customers about you, how to do something?
- Get organized. Make sure your outfits, even if they are athletic wear (what I wore during some of my session), are cleaned and nicely hung. We want to try and avoid wrinkles. Have shoes chosen for each outfit. Are you including any props? Computer? Planner? Notebook? Desk in your office? Clean your computer screen ahead of time, clear off your desk and make sure the desk and space around it are tidy. If you are wanting to shoot and film any location within your home make sure it is cleaned and tidied up.
- Hydrate and Rest. You are going to be in front of the camera, so make sure you drink plenty of water the days leading up to your session and get a good nights rest!
Click here to read about Why You Should Have a Branding Session in Denver.